About Me

My photo
SUBURBAN OBAMACORE AND ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ART I'M A SONGWRITER NAMED KATA BEL AIR AND I WORK WITH BANDS AND I WORK BY MYSELF. FORBIDDEN LOVE IS THE BEST KIND. VOMITING SPACEGLITTER SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.
2012 ACS Cultureshock Music Group. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 28, 2012

I Have Seen Your Light

Quote meant something to me- I paraphrased it out of the southern dialect of Of Mice and Men to something more meaningful (it used to be "i seen your light") and it was during the conversation between Lennie and Crooks in which Crooks tries to be full of pride in defense of his race and wonders why a white person would come near him without the intention of hurting him, and Lennie just says "I have seen your light."

Now, the author probably didn't mean it like that at all. He was probably just going with the story and saying "I saw you had a light on so I came in," but I believe art is open to interpretation, and I interpreted it as a double meaning- not only did it mean what the story wanted, but it also means something about interconnectivity- how one person can be so unified with the world around them that they can "see the light" in other people. I want to be able to do that, and I feel like we all get better at it every day.

I have seen the light in all of you. But can you do the same?

(((xxxo)))

No comments:

Post a Comment