About Me

My photo
SUBURBAN OBAMACORE AND ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ART I'M A SONGWRITER NAMED KATA BEL AIR AND I WORK WITH BANDS AND I WORK BY MYSELF. FORBIDDEN LOVE IS THE BEST KIND. VOMITING SPACEGLITTER SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.
2012 ACS Cultureshock Music Group. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE MIDDLE MAN

So here's the story behind this new track.

While my guitar is broken, I decided to dabble in production a bit and I just recorded this one. It's kind of the song that fuels my "I'm the one to watch" statement- it's just that song that I feel like proves myself over other teen singer-songwriters.

One of my goals with this track is to show that I don't just write these songs that are all doom and gloom- I am a versatile lyricist and songwriter. I can write a song that is this weird indo-hybrid-soul-rant and make it work just as well as one of my more stripped down pieces. I hope everyone likes. Here's the lyrics.

I will never know the story told
The day I was left there
Shining like gold

The day I was born
They resented my name
The place I was born
Looks at me with shame

Boy's Town, downtown, dirty freak
Dollar store man and
Lyrical cheek

You know I'm no good
Angst ridden teen
The place where I am
Is not where I've been

Dollar store
Drug whore
Take me away
Cos friendship hurts
But nothing is worse

The rise and fall is a funny thing
It was all fun and games
Until I started to sing

Oh, truth hurts but it's better than
A prison shank
From the middle man

DIRTY DOWNTOWN TRASHY DETROIT BOY'S TOWN CIGARETTE-TINGED CINEMATIC PULSE RACING NOIR GENTLEMAN GAS STATION PUNCH DRUNK SONGSTER KING OF DIAMONDS


In case you missed the new track:

No comments:

Post a Comment