About Me

My photo
SUBURBAN OBAMACORE AND ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ART I'M A SONGWRITER NAMED KATA BEL AIR AND I WORK WITH BANDS AND I WORK BY MYSELF. FORBIDDEN LOVE IS THE BEST KIND. VOMITING SPACEGLITTER SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME.
2012 ACS Cultureshock Music Group. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bad Kids

I was up late last night watching Hip Hop POV and I was watching a Lil Wayne interview that I really enjoyed. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a die-hard Lil Wayne fan at all, because I'm really not. I think there are so many fresh new acts out there that deserve more attention than him- as a lyricist, he sounds tired.

But, back to the interview. He was saying that he recently started skateboarding, and found this whole new world and group of friends that he enjoys far more than his typical rap star life style. He loves his life as a rapper, (obviously, who wouldn't in his place?) but he says that there are so many cool underground kids that are just the best people. This made me think.

I know skaters. I'm not friends with them, but I know them by reputation and I think that there's a lot of appeal in the bad kids. Is there this whole other world of cool people that we all just don't know about? I think that when misunderstood people find each other and come together, it's a beautiful thing. Art is made. Life is made. And the skateboarder/badass is born.

It's hard for me to either raise up or slam the bad kids. Lady GaGa pretends to know them, but let's be honest, does she really know what's going on inside her gone-crazy Born This Way persona? Probably not. I don't know them either. But I wish I did.

(((xxxo)))

No comments:

Post a Comment